Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It’s a Beautiful Day

Now! Now, it’s a beautiful day. When my alarm went off at 6:30am, way earlier than I normally get up, it was pouring. I was genuinely bummed to sleep in. Those who know me are shuddering from shock, I know. But seriously, I was prepped to head into Manhattan early am. A fellow skate guru alumnae / derby wannabe and I made plans to practice at least twice a week before work. Hopefully we make up the rainout.

Side note: I dusted off an old Billy Blanks TaeBo II: Get Ripped Basic Workout
DVD last night knowing that it targets a lot of the muscles used in derby – thighs, rear, abs, arms. I’ve decided to this daily in addition to some exercises the GGRD girls showed us at Skills Night, and practicing on wheels.

Anyone out there have advice or tips? Please share.

No comments: