Sunday, November 11, 2007

Confessions

I met up with AH in Manhattan before work on Friday. We started working on one foot glides. My bag of gear rested beside me during the hectic day. I have to admit, I had intense cravings to through on my skates and wheel about the office. These pangs were made worse after two hockey-playing coworkers showed me the proper form for single leg glides. I couldn’t wait to share with AH.

Saturday night, I skated down the street to Prospect Park for the first time in my quads. It was demoralizing. Every stick and crevice was a major obstacle. I skated for a bit, working on speed crossovers and glides.

Sunday morning I headed way up into Manhattan to a park near AH’s house. She raved about it on Friday, so I was stoked to check it out. I opted for taking my car since it would have been a 1.5-hour train trek. The park was amazing for skating. There’s a baseball diamond finished in super smooth cement. Unfortunately, some dude decked out in roller hockey swooped in and claimed it just as we finished putting our skates on. Across the way was another surface covered in the same smooth coating. Not sure what sort of court it was, but it worked just fine for our practice.

Pictures of practice below.





No comments: